Kabbalah is the Hebrew word for ‘received wisdom.’ It is known as The Work of Unification; its purpose being to bring together people of all faiths and none. This is an oral teaching which updates for each generation.
Paths of Peace
This is not selfish work; by doing it, you will become a light by which you can guide others.
It is said that 1% of humanity is interested in spiritual work and 1% of that 1% is willing to commit to doing something about it. This webinar series is one (of many) ways to become part of the 1% of the 1%. Miraculously, a fully-working 1% of 1% is said to be enough to keep the World on an even keel. Imagine what we could do for the planet, for our governments and for those in need if we raised that even to 2%…
There are 22 paths on the Kabbalistic Tree of Life, each one is assigned a letter of the Hebrew alphabet and represents one of the Major Arcana of the Tarot. We will include these in the teaching but Kabbalah is meant to update for each generation so we will be looking at the paths in the light of the younger teachings too. Each path is unique to each one of us and you will ascribe to each one your own meaning according to your personal blueprint. In these webinars we will focus on the paths of the central column of the Tree while showing how the other paths can help or hinder us in our search for peace.
The five sessions will be recorded for you so there is no need to attend the webinar live.
Part One: Malkhut-Yesod. Reality and Reactions.
- How we re-run old programmes without even knowing them.
- The four splits that damage our childhood foundation so that we learn to live in fear instead of love – and make choices accordingly.
- The three levels of evil – and why it is so very hard to see the existence of a problem when that same problem benefits us. These (as described in the Prophets) are: The World, The Flesh and the Devil. The Flesh is the popular scapegoat for religion but it is the World and the Devil we have to address in order to heal.
Meditation: Living Water and the Inner Temple.
Part Two: Yesod-Tiferet. The Path of Honesty.
- How the perennial truth is always beautiful — how to spot a ‘lesser’ or a ‘Lucific’ truth.
- Reaction to response … the all-important metanoia taught by the Wisdom teachers in the Bible.
- Selfishness vs Self-fullness.
- Reaching for the best-feeling thought.
Meditation: Truth Affirmations.
Part Three: Tiferet-Keter. The Problem with God.
- Here is where we own up to the the parts of our lives that God is not allowed to change. Once we understand the deals we’ve made with the Divine we can either walk that path contentedly or change it for the better. God never interferes with human free will and some of our ‘deals’ may now be outdated.
- How to open the ‘cat flap’ of Da’at to facilitate the flow of Grace (remember, Grace cannot be earned and is given to everyone. You do not have to be ‘worthy’ to receive Grace).
Meditation: Debating with the Divine.
Part Four: The Three Columns and The Law of Three.
- Perils and pitfalls of climbing or descending the Tree via the slippery side routes.
- How Trinity (the Law of Three) is here to guide us into peace by creating clear options.
- Luffing. This is a sailing term used for heading into the wind. How to sit in Tiferet and steer with the paths as ropes.
Meditation: The Upper Room – an internal resource for meditation that you can use for the rest of your life.
Part Five: The Three Horizontal Paths: How to be Fully Human.
- The three levels of being: vegetable, animal and human, and how to walk all three levels in peace.
- Additional tools.
Meditation: The Pilgrim’s Way.
Throughout the course there will be homework. Whether you do it or not is completely up to you – but the course will work better if you do.
Cost: £99 by bank transfer (An additional £3.50 will be charged for Paypal payments).To book please email Maggy on email@example.com.
Dates: Mondays, 17th and 24th February and 2nd, 9th and 16th March 2020.
Location: Zoom.us (full details of how to sign up will be provided).
You can still take this course if you cannot listen live.
Any further questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kabbalah is the name of the Western Mystery Tradition. I am a student and teacher of The Toledano Tradition of Kabbalah and have no affiliation with the Kabbalah Centre.
This ancient philosophy underpins the written teaching of the Bible and scholars believe it was clearly understood by those who wrote the Torah, the Prophets, the Wisdom Books and the Gospels. What’s important about it is that it opens the perennial Wisdom Teachings up to any genuine seeker, no matter what their faith.
Kabbalistic teaching is founded on the scaffolding of the Tree of Life diagram which, in turn, is based on the menorah — the seven-branched candlestick in the Holy of Holies of the Jewish Temple. This diagram holds the structure of the tradition, keeping it sound and strong for each successive generation.
Maggy Whitehouse would probably have been burned at the stake 400 years ago. Though, of course, they wouldn’t have let her be a vicar then.
John Christopher Wood. Bath Comedy Festival.